As a parent, you are your child’s first teacher. We understand and respect that whilst we are the qualified educators, you know your child best, and it is therefore through a strong and positive partnership that we can achieve our best results for your child.
Opportunities for Parent Involvement
Parents are encouraged to be a part in the learning and development of our school.
You can become involved in the school by:
– Becoming involved in the School Council or School Council initiatives
School Council meets once a month and is involved in the planning and decision making of the school. School Council elections are held each year at the beginning of Term One
– Attending school assemblies, which are held fortnightly on a Friday afternoon
– Participating in special days, events and celebrations
– Assisting with sporting activities
– Reading the school newsletter and school app, and noting dates and requests
– Working collaboratively with teachers to support the learning of your child
– Assisting teachers with initiatives such as the annual Book Fair
– Joining the PFA
DET Dignity and Respect Statement
The Department of Education is committed to providing safe and supportive work environments where diversity is valued and everyone is treated with respect, fairness and dignity.
Discrimination, sexual and other forms of harassment, bullying, violence and threatening behavior are unacceptable.
All employees, students, parents and visitors in schools and other DET workplaces are expect to act accordingly.
The Department (which includes schools) and School Councils, will act to ensure that the safety, security, health and wellbeing of all employees, students and parents and visitors in schools and other Department workplaces are protected.
Professor Peter Dawkins
Anakie Primary School